Previously, it took me nearly eight months to provide an update. Luckily, I decided to treat myself to some new stuff and that provided me with some stuff to post!
So what did I pick up?
First, I wanted to address my body roll problems. As a result, I decided to pick up a set of sway bars. Typically this isn’t supposed to be the main motivation for upgrading sway bars, but it’s a nice side effect. After doing some research, I decided to go with the Racing Beat brand. In total, I picked up a Racing Beat front tubular sway bar, rear solid swaybar, and a sway bar brace kit (pictured above) from TrackDogRacing.com. In addition, I picked up two pairs of SuperMiata adjustable sway bar end links from 949Racing.com.
Aside from the sway bars themselves, the other components I picked up turned out to be pretty neat. With Racing Beat’s sway bar brace kit, it allowed me to re-inforce the OEM sway bar mounts so that they no longer flex and the brace bar allowed me to tie the two frames together at the sway bar mounts (similar to that of a strut bar, but at a different area of the chassis). As for the adjustable endlinks, these would allow me to compensate for ride height changes and pre-load to the sway bars.
Second, I installed a replica of the Mazda R-Package front lip. This was actually given to me by one of my friends for my 25th birthday, but I never got around to installing it until now. Looks cool, huh?
Lastly, I picked up a set of wheels, Enkei RPF1s in 14×7 with a +19 offset. I honestly wasn’t planning on picking these up, until I saw a sale on 195/60/14 Falken Azenis RT615s and I could NOT resist the deal. Ironically, I picked up the tires first before ordering the wheels. Less than two weeks after installing my sway bars, my wheels came in and I had them mounted and installed this past Saturday. Surprisingly, fitment didn’t really take much. All I had to do was do a roll on all four corners and I have not rubbed yet. It’s pretty funny, I remember stretching 215s onto 9″ wide wheels back in 2008 for drifting. I’ve done a complete one-eighty and now I’m putting on proper sized tires on a functional wheel. Function > Form for this Miata!
Well, that’s all I have to share for now. I actually picked up a pair of tow hooks from Project-G’s latest group buy, but I forgot to take photos of them before I installed them. But, here’s a bonus. I went up to Palomar Mountain with Ronald and Schultz yesterday and took some updated photos! Enjoy!